October 7, 2011

Taking Life too Seriously

So I am in the middle of trying to help my son edit an essay that is due tomorrow, when all of a sudden a Nerf bullet comes flying by. I look to my right only to see a very gleeful husband aiming a Nerf pistol at me and declaring, "wow this thing is really accurate."
What's wrong with this picture?
The wife/mom/home-school teacher in me would say, 
"How could he possibly bombard our school time with a sneak attack?"

The Boy/husband/father sitting to my side would say, 
"Don't take life too seriously!"

As Much as I hate to admit it, he's right.
I am so focused on helping my son complete his home school assignment that I forgot to embrace the beauty of being a home-schooler.
Who cares if we break free for a quick Nerf battle?
The only thing that will change is the atmosphere in our home... For the better.

Instead of being stuffy and too serious, my children should be able to laugh, play, AND learn.

So I invite you women, wives, moms, and fellow home-school teachers:
"Shock the heck out of your husbands and children and set up a perfect ambush." 
Join my new life goal to not take life too seriously!
I'll meet you in the toy aisle at Toys R us...

2 comments:

  1. Hi amiga mia,

    I have a perfect image of the Nerf bullet hitting you. I thought it would be Steven pulling the trigger tho' not your hubby. So true, seriously!

    Love Kim C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola!!!
    I bet you of all people can appreciate this moment!
    It's becoming more and more common these days.

    Bekki

    ReplyDelete