Draw close to God, and He will draw close to you.
When I look at the grammar of this sentence it tells me:
You, Bekki, draw close to God, and He will draw close to you.
Today, I am choosing to look for evidence of Him. Guess what? I found it immediately.
I walked out my front door only to be met with the flowers my boys blessed me with for Mothers Day. First I say them, then I smelled them. I looked at the flower and it truly was joining creation.
I used to believe in evolution when I was younger. Don't stone me.
I wasn't a believer until I was 24. Although I believed in God, I definitely did not have a relationship with Him.
How does this flower testify to the glory and Reality of a Personal God?
- Not only does this flower look beautiful, but it starts out as a secret locked away in a tiny seed.
- The flower must be pollinated and nurtured by tiny creatures that are drawn to its coloration and aroma.
- Water needs to soften the seeds outer coating.
- The soil it lands in must contain the minerals the seed needs to sprout.
- Slowly, but surely the little sprout grows and breaks through the soil.
- Day by day, the stems grow stronger and taller.
- Buds begin to form.
- One day, a blossom "pops" as if to shout, "Ta da!"
As if that's not enough, the flower perfumes the air, beconing all to share its beauty, pollen, and nectar with anyone or anything that will stop by.
I used to believe that creation was basically an accident.
I believed in evolution until I was about 25 years old.
Today, as I gaze upon this blossom I have to know, I have to see, I have to believe
that there is a Wonderful Creator.
He loves me so much that He becons me to Himself.
He reveals His plan for my life in this gift from my children.
- I too was a seed. dead and unremarkable.
- At some point in my life, He and others who adore Him watered my life with love.
- Slowly, but surely I began to stretch toward His beautiful light.
- Then one marvelous day, I broke through the soil of sin be condemnation and believed in the God who loved me so much He sent His only Son. Yes, I believe in Jesus!
- As I began to read my Bible, pray, and learn about Him my life began to bud.
- One day, my life popped open into a fragrant blossom. My faith in the Lord allows me to shout, "Ta da!" And I am able to bear witness to the living God.
Yes, I sought the Lord today. Guess what? I found Him.
Luke 19:40 Jesus: Listen—if they were silent, the very rocks would start to shout!
Your turn. Seek God. ask Him to reveal Himself to you. Then join the bouquet and shout "Ta Da!" By sharing with others...