May 25, 2010

Wrestling the Giant

I was so excited to be able to climb the mountain this past Saturday.
I climbed with a 4, 6, 8, and 11 year old.
It was amazing to me that the 6 and 11 year old ran up the mountain,
while the 4 and 8 year old whined and complained the entire way to the top.

Life is like this.
Sometimes we climb up life at a fast steady pace,
sometimes we whine and complain the whole way.
Sometimes we are climbing fine ourselves, but we are surrounded by whiners.

The funny thing?
We are all climbing  a mountain.
We choose to laugh or whine each day don't we?
Sometimes life is so hard all we can feel  and see is the difficulty and strain of what is before us.
Other times, we simply sing and climb and enjoy the view.

We all wrestle giants, we all climb mountains, we all get tired, we all get cold...
I pray that today as I look to where I am being led that I laugh and sing and enjoy the journey.
Sometimes its easier said than done, don't you think?

 You know, when I reached the top of the mountain with my children, we were all cold and tired.
The humbling part of climbing and summiting a mountain is that there are books and books of signatures of people who have made the same climb before us.
Sometimes it seems like we are alone, that no one else understands how hard the climb is...

My message to myself is to remember, I am not alone. The Lord walks life with me.
Others have gone on the trails I have been called to walk...

We all have at least one mountain to climb.
Today, I purpose to enjoy the journey...

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for Micah and grateful for you getting great care from the doctors. Hope you have a very safe drive home and sad that we didn't get a hug in when you were so close. Totally understand and praying.

    ReplyDelete