May 18, 2010

Peek through the Fence

I live in my kitchen and dining room.
I home school 4 of my boys at my kitchen table, often in jammies.
I cook and clean and even iron all my husbands clothes for work.
I am and have always been the girl with 1-3 friends, never the socialite.
My life is neat and tidy.
I live a life that is hedged in with the Lord Himself watching over me.
I am protected.
Safe.

Those who know me well know I think in pictures.
I am breaking out of my neat life by diving into this adventure of writing.
I am peeking out from the fence that protects me and hoping that as I do the world welcomes me.
I love the fence. Don't get me wrong. I have no intention of cutting it down, or to even leave its boundary.
I am simply poking through... looking around...
Do you see me?

We all have fences that surround us.
Our family, our job, our ministry.
The fence defines our life:
Who we are, who our lives touch.

My fence keeps me focused on my Lord, my husband, and my children.
The breaks in the boards remind me that there is a world beyond my borders.
I can see it clearly if I look closely.
The gate is there to remind me that people will come and go.
A "stranger" will knock, a friend will simply enter.

So here I am today...
poking through.
The majority of my life is behind the boards... loving and serving my family.
I am blessed and content.
I am growing where I am planted and my life flourishes.
What pokes out is an extension of my heart alone.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Friend,
    Thanks for letting me into your world! Some of my sweetest moments have been sitting in your kitchen/dining room, sitting, talking, praying, sharing life:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always welcome at my table!
    Thank you for all your prayers, support and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete