March 27, 2014

Praying God's Word: Resources

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and 
intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

In my opinion, there is nothing more powerful and effective than praying God's Word. 

As a new Christian, I was introduced to praying God's Word while participating in a small Bible study. 

h
A group of about six of us wives were reading and praying through The Power of a Praying Wife, by Stormie O'Martin.


All six of us experienced the moving of the Holy Spirit in our hearts, marriages, and lives. It was an incredible time of spiritual growth for me as a newish believer.

I did not know my Bible inside and out at the time, and I found the book to be an incredible help in my prayer life.

Stormie organized God's word in a way that I could access dozens of Bible verses that covered a particular subject or need; finances, romance, forgiveness, employment, etc.



Over the last 20 years, I have gone back to this book when I know I should pray, but cannot seem to find the right verses to pray. It is one of my spring boards.

Here are some of my favorite resources for praying God's Word:




http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0805464336/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0805464336&linkCode=as2&tag=apenforyout07-20http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141854390X/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=141854390X&linkCode=as2&tag=apenforyout07-20http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0736957715/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0736957715&linkCode=as2&tag=apenforyout07-20


want daily prayers? click here





This post contains my referral link which helps support the work of this site. 
Here’s my full disclosure policy.


No comments:

Post a Comment