February 21, 2012

Choices

I am having one of "those" days where every thought in my head is heavy and sad.
I am wrestling with the truth that my thoughts can be held captive. Today, the negative thoughts are stronger than I am, but I refuse to let them win.
You may choose to skip this post, I am writing it to myself in hopes that I can snap out of the funk I find myself swimming in at the moment...

Peace, oh God, will be with me when I put into practice the truths You have recorded for me to remember. I need to take my eyes off my self and my troubled thoughts and place them on the things that I have seen, heard, and received from you, my Lord. I always have the choice to control my thoughts. I can choose today to believe Your truth or the enemies lies. Lord, give my heart the ability to discern between the two.

It is funny, in a not so funny way, how powerfully gifted the "Liar" can be in my life. When I am not marinated in the Love, Grace, Mercy, and Truths of God, I can become easily ensnared by his foulness. I can begin to believe that I am a terrible person and that I can do nothing good in this life...

The amazing thing is that when I look to the Son, truth warms me like the sun peeking out from behind a dark cloud. Truth is, I am a wretch and I have it within my spirit to be a terrible worthless person. The truth is that I cannot do anything good in this life...   ...without His grace and Mercy.

Yes, I may feel defeated, but He is not defeated!
I may feel worthless, but He is never worthless. He who is in me is able to do more than anything I could ever hope or imagine.

As I fix my eyes on Him and filter my thoughts through His I feel my lungs take in more air. I am able to breathe. The weight on my face melts away and I am able to move again, even smile.

Thoughts are powerful. I am thankful that He is able to rule in my life and even reach into the pit of my mind. I am thankful that His words, "Peace, Be still" still resonate today...




"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthythink about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment