February 9, 2011

I Refuse

I Refuse sounds like a strange title to a song, but it is just that.

I dropped off my oldest for school and was almost home when the radio announcer began interviewing the artist Josh Wilson about the peculiar song title. I sat mesmerized by his recollection of when Nashville flooded and he found himself praying for the disaster victims. It was in prayer that the Lord spoke to his heart that He wanted to use his hands to help those around him... After getting practically involved in his community, Josh went on to write this song.

The core of the song is simple, but profound:
I may not be able to do everything, but I refuse to do nothing.

 It's so easy for me to get caught up in the Christianise of praying for those around me who are hurting. Do not get me wrong, prayer is amazingly good...

But is my heart open enough to be the hands the Lord uses to make a difference in a hurting world? What I do may be small, I may not even make a worldly difference, but like Josh's song implies...
I refuse to do nothing.


chorus:
I don't want to live like I don't care
I don't want to say another empty prayer
Oh, I refuse to sit around and wait for someone else
To do what God has called me to do myself
I could choose not to move
But I refuse

No comments:

Post a Comment