September 9, 2010

Just Breathe

So I am in one of those places that all I can do is breathe...
I love that the Lord speaks truth and love to my spirit here in this place.
 He whispers, come...
When I do I find peace, safety, and rest.

When I do not... 
...the weight of the world seems to settle on my chest
and makes me feel as though I am gasping for breath.

We have a pastor friend who taught us in a bible class a few years back.
He said, "If God promises peace without understanding,
why is it we strive for peace by trying to understand?"

There are few things in life that can suck the very breath I need to live right out of me.
Childbirth, trauma, death, surgery, a loved one who suffers.

The beauty in that moment is that I become acutely aware of the truth that I often neglect to remember...
I am always dependent on breath from my Lord.

When life goes smoothly (from my perspective) I forget...
When the rough seas come I can do nothing BUT remember...

Today, I remember...

2 comments:

  1. Wow Bekki, this really spoke to me today! "If God promises peace without understanding,
    why is it we strive for peace by trying to understand?" I love that! I'm always trying to make sense of every situation and currently nothing does and I have heard the Lord say, Stop trying to figure it out. I'm praying for you today. You are a blessing!
    ~Joann North

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joann,
    your comment blessed me:).
    Sure do miss seeing you...

    ReplyDelete