July 14, 2010

Chew with Your Mouth Closed!

So there I was, sitting at the lunch table flipping through a shoe catalog, minding my own business when I happened to look up. My almost 7 year old grinned at me from across the table. The only problem?
He had stuffed half his burrito into his mouth and half chewed food was falling from his grin. Um, GROSS!
I stared in shock, glared (as only a mom can do) and told him to quietly chew his food and tell me when he had swallowed it all. Of course I had to shoo out 3 brothers so they didn't make him laugh aloud and spew out the mouthful.
I looked back at my catalogue thinking, "I do not understand boys at all."

Ironically, I am the one with the mouthful of food today. I began writing and blogging a few months back and purposed to post a blog every day except Sunday. I would wake up and write until I had accomplished my daily goal and then go about my day.
AS I have walked through summer with my family exploring different and new areas and turning off the TV I lost the window I was writing in each day. I woke up this morning thinking about that mouthful of food.

I need to take my own advice and take a smaller bite.
I will be limiting myself to 1-2 blogs a week through the summer. Summer is free from the regular school year activities, but it is amazingly busy. I don't want to miss this time with my family because I have set a goal I cannot reach without exposing my mouthful.

Have you ever bitten off more than you can chew?

No comments:

Post a Comment