April 1, 2014

Saying No to Alluring Sin

Praying God's Word...
________, if sinners entice you, do not consent." Proverbs 1:10

When my children were very little I was Christmas shopping at the mall. I saw a sparkly light display on a store-front and found myself drawn into the store to look around. I made it to the back of the store quickly before I realized that I had walked to the back of an "adult store" with 3 of my children.
Horrified, I told the boys to look at the floor and I ran out of the store.

The sparkly lights had distracted me so that I did not see the filth. Sin is like that. It can easily draw us in if we are not watchful.

Lord, protect _______ from the allure of sinful things. He/she is surrounded by the bright lights and the rich smells of this world and is being drawn in. The world says, "Come with us ______" and he/she is intrigued. This world promises riches and pleasure as a swimming worm on a hook. Help _______ hear You say, ' _______, do not walk in the way with them, keep your foot from their path'

This world has only temporary pleasure for ______. Help him/her know the truth spoken in Your word, "whoever listens to Me will dwell in safety, and be secure, without fear of evil." Proverbs 1:10, 11,  15, 33

No comments:

Post a Comment