April 18, 2012

Yes, I Have Begun Planning Next Years Homeschool Adventure

Yes, I am crazy. I cannot help it. I absolutely love mapping out a school years worth of curriculum. There is something magical about the blank slate that comes with each new school year. This happens to me every year, usually the same time (Just after Easter Break). I can see the end of the school year clearly. I can boast about all the amazing things my children have learned and discovered, and I could just cry thinking about all the things I should have/could have done with my children to better educate them. I think its that last one that motivates me the most to get planning.

This year I find myself constantly drawn into conversations with younger moms who are eager to pick my brain for ideas and wisdom. For a while I thought it was because I am such a brilliant teacher (See Snob Post) but now I realize its because I have survived a decade of homeschooling smiling most of the way and because I have more gray hair. In any case, I am inspired to begin the journey of writing down some of the  wisdom I have been blessed to glean from others (the pieces I can remember) as well as my overall homeschooling approach.

I'll be adding a homeschooling tab to the blog and will be adding to it as often as life allows. I hope you know I sit at my computer 16 hours a day waiting to see if anyone reads and comments on my blog, so I hope you will take a moment to comment when you feel led. (Just kidding!)

If you are a home-schooler, I would love to hear from you. What kinds of things would you love for me to share? Do you have any glaring questions? Comments? concerns?

No comments:

Post a Comment